Terms + Conditions
1. It is the intended participant's responsibility to confirm the reservation and ensure that the particulars contained therein are correct.
2. The intended participant will pay Tours Truly Tuscany a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit in the sum of 500€ for each reservation.
3. The total balance due will be paid by the customer to Tours Truly Tuscany not fewer than 4 weeks prior to the date of departure. Bookings within the last 4 weeks must be paid in full at time of booking. Arrangement for payment can be made via the book a retreat page.
4. If payment of either the deposit or the balance is not received by the due date Tours Truly Tuscany reserves the right to cancel the reservation and retain the deposit.
5. Cancellations, Alterations and Refunds
If you have to cancel your participation on a tour, there would be a charge which varies according to the period of notice you give. Up to 57 days before the tour the deposit only is forfeited. Thereafter a percentage of the total cost of the tour will be due:
- between 56 and 29 days: 40%
- between 28 and 15 days: 60%
- between 14 days and 5 days: 80%
- within 4 days: 100%
We take as the day of cancellation that on which we receive written confirmation of cancellation. If we were to cancel the tour it would be due to illness, compassionate reasons, hostilities, civil unrest, natural disaster or other circumstances that could affect the region in which the tour was due to travel.
In the case that we cancel a tour at any time up to eight weeks before travel there were insufficient bookings for it to be viable, we would refund everything you have paid to us.
Circumstances might arise which prevent us from operating a tour exactly as advertised. In this case we would devise an alternative to be satisfactory.
However, if the change represents a significant loss to the tour Tours Truly Tuscany would offer compensation. If you decide to cancel because the alternative we offer is not acceptable we would give a full refund.
6. Due to cancellations, weather, or other situations beyond our control, Tours Truly Tuscany reserves the right to modify the itinerary and will inform the customer of any alterations made.
7. Tours Truly Tuscany requires that all participants have valid and fully comprehensive travel insurance and cannot held liable for flight costs or cancellations.
All participants must have fully comprehensive travel insurance that covers cancellation of travel due to illness, cancelled flights, lost baggage, hospitalisation, repatriation
8. Tours Truly Tuscany reserves the right to offer discretionary discounts and this does not affect the status of any guests who have paid the full price and no discount will then become due to them.
9. The intended participant shall not use the property except for permitted use and shall not use the property for any offensive, noisy, dangerous, illegal, entertainment, immoral or improper purposes. The customer shall not do anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance to Tours Truly Tuscany and its guests, staff or owners.
10. The customer shall keep all Tours Truly Tuscany fixtures, fittings, furniture and effects in clean and good condition and shall replace any articles which are destroyed or missing with articles of a similar kind and of equal value.
11. Tours Truly Tuscany reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate use of the property or any of its facilities by the customer in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions. The customer will be required to vacate the property and Tours Truly Tuscany shall not refund payment or accept any consequential liability damages or loss.
12. Tours Truly Tuscany retains all copyright license rights and sole exclusive ownership of the information, photographs and material displayed on its website. The material may not be modified, copied or used in any other way.
13. Any user of the website has to be 18 years of age or older and agrees to be entirely financially responsible for all charges and other fees arising from use of the website.
14. Tours Truly Tuscany accepts no responsibility for keeping the website up to date and will not be liable for any loss by its failure to do so. We are not responsible for the contents of any external links displayed on our website.
15. It is the intended participant's responsibility to ensure that he/she has all the relevant travel documentation and arrives at the airport on time.
16. The intended participant must comply fully with all and any health and safety regulations introduced by Tours Truly Tuscany.
Over the age of 60 we require a copy of a medical certificate from your doctor to say that you have been through an exam to ensure that you are fit and well enough to travel.
If you are unable to walk 500 metres on flat ground, have trouble climbing stairs or traversing uneven ground, then this tour package is not for you.
We are not equipped for wheelchairs and we need to make sure that every individual can keep up with the group unaided. We reserve the right to deny travel to those we deem unfit or unwell enough, either for the entire journey, day trips or participation in group activities. Even though an art workshop may not seem like an active holiday, walking, stair-climbing and standing around for lengthy periods are unavoidable aspects of every tour. They should not present problems for anyone of normal fitness but they are not suitable for those who are slow, need support or are low on stamina.
Italy and Australia have a reciprocal health service agreement. If joining us from Australia please bring with you your Medicare card.
The intended participant must ensure that they are medically and physically fit and able to use our facilities and participate in activities. Tours Truly Tuscany is not liable for any injuries to the participant's use of our facilities or participation in activities.
17. Tours Truly Tuscany cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage of personal possessions or valuables of the customer.
18. In the unfortunate event that a participant has a complaint then they will not discuss this with any third party and will notify the director of Tours Truly Tuscany as soon as possible.
19. Tours Truly Tuscany will not be liable for any failures beyond its control. This covers natural disasters, war, ‘acts of God’, closure of airports, civil strife, accidents or failure to perform by third parties, including suppliers and subcontractors.
20. Tours Truly Tuscany accepts no liability for loss, damage, injury or illnesses which may be received during the customers stay or travelling to and from Tours Truly Tuscany.
21. Included in Your Trip
- Accommodation for 1 night in Firenze and 7 nights in a Tuscan agriturismo with all modern facilities including a gym and swimming pool with set in the Monte Amiata countryside, and 2 nights in a Tuscan agriturismo
- All required art workshop materials and equipment
- English-speaking / bilingual hosts and staff at your disposal throughout your tour.
- 9 sessions of guided art studio time and consultation
- Yoga sessions before class in Santa Fiora
- excursions to markets, art garden and sightseeing tours
- Cooking class (optional to participate)
- All breakfasts (continental).
- Welcome pack of wine, prosecco and local produce and Moeloco flip flops.
- 8 light lunches (eg.pizza / panini / salad / buffet style); 5 lunches on excursions.
- 9 dinners and lunches at Le Citte / Il Duchesco /local trattoria / restaurant inc. a quarter litre of wine, water & coffee included.
Please Note: If you don’t wish to eat with the group on any occasion, any dinneror lunch extra to the itinerary will be at your expense. If you wish to eat at Le Citte other than specified on the itinerary, your meals will be charged to your room
- Transfers to / from Firenze and all travel to and from tour locations as detailed on itinerary with your English-speaking driver.
- Wine and olive oil tasting at selected vineyards / establishments.
- Free access to Wi-Fi at accommodation.
22. Not Included in the package
- All items not detailed in inclusions.
- Laundry service
- City tax in Florence
- Lunches and dinners not listed on the itinerary
- Teas and coffees outside specified breakfast and lunchtimes
- Tips, personal telephone charges, toiletries other than provided in the accommodation at the discretion of the establishment
- Items of a personal nature
- Spending money
- Medication and prescriptions
- Insect repellent
- Postage, drinks and souvenirs
- Tickets for museums/monuments
- Additional optional activities
- All transfers other than stated
- International airfare
- 5% Paypal surcharge
- Single occupancy supplement
23. What we do, Our Responsibilities and Our Promises
We have been meticulous in our planning and booking, with flexibility in mind. We are generous with our time and giving each client our full attention both within the art workshops as well as throughout the rest of the tour.
We aim to make everything run as smoothly as possible for your stay.
Confidentiality and Privacy
Whatever is said in confidence by, to, or about one director/supplier or client to another is done so in confidence and is not to be revealed to others outside of that confidence.
We don’t sell on your information. All your information is kept confidential and private. Please read the document Our Commitment to Your Privacy for further information
Our Roles and Responsibilities
We aim to make this a memorable and enjoyable experience. All travellers have paid equally to experience everything we have organised with the benefit of the participant in mind.
We treat everyone with equal respect. There are a lot of details the participant doesn’t see that go on behind the scenes - planning, organising, rearranging and dealing with Italian bureaucracy. Months of planning have gone into the tour - taking into consideration, and making the most of, seasons, weather and festivals.
A lot lot work goes into selecting the right accommodation and restaurants.
While on tour, your organisers, suppliers and drivers are the first ones up and the last ones to bed - that’s their job and they do their best to do everything they can in order to make the participant’s experience a pleasurable one.
It is Tours Truly Tuscany’s responsibility to ensure that the tour activities have been organised as stated in the program. It is also our right to alter the itinerary as necessary in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Any extra costs resulting from these alterations will not be our responsibility, however we will always consult you where costs may change.
It is the Tours Truly Tuscany workshop facilitator/teacher’s responsibility to arrive at class at the time specified unless otherwise arranged with the class participants.